
When I was four years old, my dad told me he was taking me with him on a trip to several KSL translator stations. I knew that was going to be really exciting since he had gone on those trips before and had come back with his boots all muddy and the rest of him real dirty. That first trip lasted several days and we had to take sleeping bags. Most of the times after that, we just went for a day.
We went to several places, mostly in Utah. They were usually high mountains above communities where the people expressed an interest in receiving the KSL television or FM signal from Salt Lake City. KSL had the largest translator network in the country, maybe even in the world, or the universe for all we know. I was proud that my dad played such an important role in building it. One of his
responsibilities was to go and fix the stations when they broke down. He took me along with him on some of his trips, I guess to give
me experience and also for companionship. Places like Huntsville, Heber City, Nephi, Brigham City, and Coon Peak, ring in my memory. But the one I’ll remember most is the translator station on a mountain above the little community of Levan, Utah.
No comments:
Post a Comment