
I’ll never forget that magic evening when we all piled into the car to go to the drive-in. We were finally going to see a new movie called “Chitty Chitty Bang Bang.” I had heard a lot about it from my friends and now it was my turn to see it.
I loved it from the very beginning. I liked Dick Van Dyke, of course and the other characters, but what I liked best was the car itself. I was amazed how Mr. Pots could take an old race car and fashion it into a fine motor car. On the day when he pushed it out of his workshop, it just sparkled. After that, I was caught. I would be a Chitty Chitty Bang Bang lover from then on.
A little while after we saw the movie, my sister Karen had her birthday. She got a Chitty Chitty Bang Bang record for one of her presents. It had all the songs from the movie musical.
It may have been her record officially, but our whole family
listened to it. Especially me. I practically wore it out, playing it over and over again. You would think I would have driven my mom crazy. (Later, I learned that she just blocked it out, just like our other records that we played all the time.) When I played the record on the stereo, I stretched out on the floor and looked at the record jacket which had beautiful color pictures from the movie. I would study them for hours.
No comments:
Post a Comment