Sunday, March 21, 2010

Practicing the Piano (Part 4 of 6)


One day Mom told me I had to get a half hour of practicing done, but a TV show I wanted to see was supposed to be on in twenty minutes.
“Billy, you need to do your practicing.”
“But Mom, “Timmy and Lassie” is going to be on soon.”
Mom could tell she wasn’t getting very far, so she made a deal with me.
“Billy, if you play each of the three songs you are learning this week three times each, them we’ll call that a half hour of practicing.”
It sounded like a plan to me!
After that I was happy to do my practicing since I could play my songs as fast as I could and be done with it. I didn’t even have to set my timer anymore. Most of the time I got through with my practicing in close to thirty minutes; a few times though, it was more like ten.
Once Mom and Dad were out of town and Grandma Loveless came and stayed with us. She didn’t let me out of my practicing so easy. I had to practice for half an hour no matter how many times I went through each song. Another time, when a babysitter came, I went outside in the wintertime and stuck my hands in the snow and then went in and told the babysitter my fingers were frozen and I couldn’t practice. She didn’t buy that at all and I had to practice anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment