
Mom went on, “Many years ago my mother died. None of you kids were born yet, except Billy, who was just two then. Of course we were very sad, but knowing that we will see her again is comforting.”
Then Dad spoke up. “Kids, I want you to know that these things we are telling you about are real. That’s why we get you up early to come have this sunrise service.”
After that we sang another song and then Julie said a closing prayer. Dad paused a moment, then started the car and drove away. As we left the cemetery, I looked back and tried to imagine what it would look like on Resurrection Morning. In my mind’s eye I could see people dressed in white robes, coming out of the ground, out of their graves with renewed, and perfect bodies. And loved ones hugging and kissing each other.
We drove home, excited about finding our Easter baskets and eating candy, but I was getting to an age that I was glad my parents had taken the time to tell us what Easter was really about.
Coming Tomorrow: TV Shows
No comments:
Post a Comment