
One of my favorites was the “Daniel Boone Show.” When the action got intense and there was a chance that Daniel Boone would be killed, my sister Vera and I consoled ourselves, “Well, he can’t die, because if he died then the show would have to end.” We knew, even at our young ages, that the producers of the show wouldn’t want that.
I liked Daniel Boone so much that I tried to make a flint-lock rifle just like Daniel Boone’s. I also dreamed at night that I was a helper to Daniel Boone, or sometimes, Daniel Boone himself. Those were my two qualifications for a show to be one of my “favorites.” If I tried to make some object from the show and if I dreamed about it.
I liked “Gilligan’s Island” also. One night I dreamed I was on the boat that brought the castaways to Gilligan’s Island. I woke up so entranced that the next day I started collecting wood so I could build my own boat. But I could never finish it. I felt just like the people on “Gilligan’s Island” who tried episode after episode to get rescued.
No comments:
Post a Comment