
I was always concerned that he didn’t get enough exercise. I knew he had his little wheel, but that must have gotten pretty boring. One
Saturday I attached a cardboard box to his cage. I cut a hole in the box so Melanhead would be able to go from his cage to the box easily. I also tied the two together so he couldn’t slip through a possible crack between the cage and the box.
Well, what I tried to avoid did happen, but in a slightly different way. Melanhead gnawed his way through the hole I made in the box. He gradually enlarged it until it was big enough for him to slip out while I wasn’t looking.
One day I went to check on him I saw a little brown streak zoom past the bottom of the stairs. It was Melanhead, running around our basement! It took us a long time to catch him.
No comments:
Post a Comment