Sunday, April 11, 2010

The Trash Pick-Up (Part 2 of 3)


For the first little while all we found was a gum wrapper here, a sucker stick there. Nothing really exciting. Then I said to the girls, pointing to the back fence, “Look at that mess on the other side of the fence. Let’s go over there and clean it up.”
It was so messy back there that it would have taken our whole class the full hour to clean it up. But I started to slip through a section of the fence. The girls had never been there before and were somewhat hesitant. In fact, in the whole history of the school I think only one girl had been brave enough to go into the field. That girl had been so tough, she could beat up all the boys!
These girls could see how much trash we would be able to pick up on the other side of the fence, and we were sort of having a contest to see who could pick up the most.

No comments:

Post a Comment