Monday, July 26, 2010

My Bad Knee (Part 4 of 4)


My Bad Knee (Part 4 of 4)
That summer, I was still on my crutches. We went on our family vacation to Southern California to visit relatives and also Sea World and Disneyland. My family took turns pushing me around in a wheelchair in the amusement parks. While visiting Linda and Clint, my aunt and uncle, and their family in Escondido, we traveled to the beach. I walked out into the ocean with my crutches, but a big wave hit me and one crutch started floating out to sea. Fortunately, the next wave brought it back to me. By the time sixth grade started in the fall, my knee had gotten strong enough, that I didn’t need crutches anymore. But over the years, I’ve had a few more problems with my knees. That’s just part of life, I guess.

Coming Tomorrow: Camping With Christopher

No comments:

Post a Comment