Sunday, July 4, 2010

Swearing And Then Repentance (Part 2 of 3)


No one ever complained to my parents or told me I was doing wrong. My friend and I thought we were being so innovative, but of course we weren’t. I guess that is why we didn’t draw attention. Swearing was really quite commonplace.
But one night as I was preparing to go to bed I was getting into my pajamas when I froze and stood there for a minute. “What am I doing?” I said to myself. “This is terrible language.”
I went to bed with a very low opinion of myself.
The next day I went with my dad to the Huntsville, Utah translator station. We drove on the freeway up to Ogden, took the road to Huntsville and then up a dirt road to the mountain.
It was a beautiful day. The mountain overlooked the little town of Huntsville. There was a little shack where all the television equipment was located. Next to that was an array of telephone poles connected together with planks. On these were attached the antennas that received the TV signal from the faraway mountain in Salt Lake and there were other antennas that retransmitted the signal to the TV sets of Huntsville.

No comments:

Post a Comment