
I was especially proud of my report on the human tongue. On the
cover I carefully drew a colored picture of a tongue. Then I lettered a title on the cover with large black letters. It said, “The Tounge.” Even though it was misspelled, Miss Jones boosted my grade in science from a C to a B.
I was delighted when I began sixth grade, and my teacher, Mr. Wood, said he accepted extra credit, too. I went ahead with my reports with full force. I didn’t even wait until the end of the term to find out how bad I was doing in school before I started. I just did my reports and turned them in. If the teacher didn’t like them, or if he handed the report back saying he couldn’t give extra credit for it, that was okay with me. It was fun just doing them.
A few times, my reports were purely fictional. One was a description of a branch of mathematics that I made up. It was called The MAX Equivelentry System of Mathematics and was all based on a dream I had one night. Another fictional report was a detailed description of a space ship that existed only in my mind. But my teacher still gave me extra credit for them.
No comments:
Post a Comment