Monday, August 9, 2010

I Ran A Mile (Part 3 of 3)


None of us could think that we had just passed almost all the requirements for the merit badge. The only thing we could think about was how bad we felt all over.
Then Ray said, “I forgot one thing. We need to do the fifty yard dash.”
We moaned and complained, but it was no use. Ray was already measuring off fifty yards on his sidewalk. So we did it. Besides, what is fifty measly yards when you have run a mile. We had to do it three times.
As I finished up my last run, I saw my mom pull up to Ray’s house. I just kept running and I ran up to the car door. I turned back and yelled my thanks to Ray. Then I hopped in the car and we drove off.
When we got to the Doctor’s office, he checked me and looked me over. Then he took some X-rays and then came back in to talk to me and my mom together. With a glum face, he said, “Billy, you have pneumonia.”
I almost broke into laughter.
Mom said, “Doctor, If you only knew what this boy has done today!”

Tomorrow: The Priesthood

No comments:

Post a Comment