At the beginning of sixth grade I got my dream of all my school years. I was sworn in as a safety patrolman for the school.
Whereas I had received many tickets from the safeties when I was younger, I was now to give those tickets. I took pride in my brilliant white shoulder strap and belt and shining silver badge I wore. I was honored to be a safety patrol officer of the Twin Peaks Elementary School.
During my whole fifth grade year, I had been careful not to do anything wrong that would merit a ticket. To be a safety you had to have a pretty clean record. When sixth grade came, I was a shoo-in. I was accepted into the program with open arms.
My duties varied. One day I was on hall duty and it was quiet most of the time. I watched to make sure kids didn’t run in the hall on their way to recess. When it was quiet, I read or drew pictures.
No comments:
Post a Comment