
Other days I was assigned to work the playground. This was a challenge since I was out during recess while the kids my age were out there too. My peers didn’t like being watched. It was funner to patrol the younger kids’ playground.
One day I caught a first grade boy kicking a big red playground ball, a blatant violation of school rules. I grabbed him. “What is your name?”
“John,” he said.
“Don’t you know you can’t kick those balls?” I said as I began to write out the ticket.
“But I have my free agency.”
He was referring to a topic he had learned in Sunday School. The boy was claiming he had free agency to do anything he wanted, but he didn’t realize that he also had to face up to the consequences of his actions.
“You still can’t kick the balls, they’ll eventually pop.” I was getting a bit irritated as I put the finishing touches on the ticket.
“But the Bible says....
“I don’t care what the Bible says, you can’t kick balls. Now here is
your ticket. Your teacher will get a copy.”
No comments:
Post a Comment