Saturday, August 14, 2010

The Priesthood (Part 4 of 5)


I don’t remember the bishop handing the certificate to me because I was nervous about the last step. I needed to recite one of the Thirteen Articles of Faith of the church before everyone. The Articles of Faith are thirteen statements of belief written by Joseph Smith. They are accepted as part of the Mormon scriptures along with the Bible and The Book of Mormon. I had spent hours and hours trying to memorize those articles. I had finally done it and passed them off to the Primary President, Sister Robinson. That was a requirement for graduation.
The Bishop moved away from the microphone and left me all to myself in front of the whole ward. I wasn’t new to this, but I was nervous. I had chosen to recite the first article of faith, “We believe in God, the Eternal Father, and in his Son, Jesus Christ, and in the Holy Ghost.”

No comments:

Post a Comment