
“Okay, good. Now a twelve-inch brown wire to R-24 and B-1.”
I grabbed the only brown wire and connected it to the other side of the resistor and then I attached the other end to the spring that was connected with the battery.
“Okay, now hook the red wire to T-i2.” I lifted the spring and slipped the wire under it, to complete the circuit.
“Okay, we are done! Good work, Billy.”
“Let’s try it, Dad.”
I flipped the switch and Dad adjusted the tuner. The speaker sputtered for a few seconds and then we heard music. Our electronics project worked and we heard a radio that we had made just a few moments before.
I went on to experiment with many other projects either alone or with Dad’s help. I made listening devices, transmitters, intercoms, radios, light sensitive switches, and many other things. My kit and I were almost inseparable at times. I even took it to school once for show and tell.
It meant so much to me to have my dad work with me in something he loved very much. His love became my love. And electronics was about the neatest thing I could do.
No comments:
Post a Comment