Friday, February 19, 2010

I Might Be Envied By A King (Part 3 of 3)


It was done. I had done it! I didn’t realize that my mom probably felt the same way. She had practiced the song a lot also so she could play it. She was more comfortable on the violin than the piano. But now it was over. Everything was a blur after that. I didn’t realize the meeting was over until I found myself standing on the lawn of the church. As I stood there (it was raining) wearing a blue sweater and I carried the long cooper pipe (the iron rod,) my Sunday School teacher came up to me. Even though I was wet from the light rain she hugged me. That surprised me since I thought she hated me. (I was such a problem in her class.) She said, “Billy, I want you to know that you sang beautifully and I just love you. You tell your parents that I said that, too.”
I guess she liked the song.

No comments:

Post a Comment