
For the most part, I was a pretty good boy in my Primary and Sunday School classes. I do remember one day when I was sent out into the hall for misbehavior. I was really worried because my mom was the Primary President and I was sure she would be coming down the hall any minute. My teacher let me back in the classroom, on the condition that I act better in class.
One teacher complained to my mom that I answered all the questions in class and didn’t let other kids have a chance to answer them. Another class went something like this:
The lady teacher said, “Okay children, when did the Angel Moroni appear to Joseph Smith?”
I raised my hand and said, “September twenty-first.”
“My teacher, a little upset that I answered the question too quickly said, “No, Billy, it was September 22, 1824.”
I then protested, “No, teacher, it wasn’t the twenty-second, it was the twenty-first. I know that because my dad told me it was the same day as my birthday!”
“It was the twenty-second, Billy.”
“No, it wasn’t. You can even ask my dad,” I said angrily. (I learned later that the angel Moroni appeared to Joseph Smith on both days.)
“Well,” said my teacher. “The important thing is that he appeared. Now let’s get on with the lesson.”
No comments:
Post a Comment