Sunday, February 7, 2010

Lisa the space genius (Part 1 of 2)


Man had not yet walked on the moon when Lisa was born. When I put Lisa’s birth date into place with the rest of the history of the world, that’s how I did it. My sister, Lisa, was the fifth child in our family. She was the last to be born without me realizing beforehand that she was going to be born. For me, Lisa was born when Julie ran into the corner of the wall and split her head open. I’d better explain that one. Julie had a big gash on her forehead that required stitches. On the day my mom took her back to the doctor to have the stitches out, the doctor took a look at Mom in her very pregnant condition and said, “And how are you feeling?” A short time later a baby girl was born. That was Lisa.
When we all got together to decide on a name, I suggested the name Lisa. (I liked a girl in my first grade class named Lisa. My idea stuck.
Lisa was blonde and fair skinned as a baby and as a child. Since she was born just a few months before the Apollo 11 Moon landing, I was felt like she was a child of the space program. I wanted to turn her into an expert on rocketry.

No comments:

Post a Comment