Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Primary and Sunday School (Part 3 of 3)


I sat back in my chair and didn’t say a word the rest of the class time.
Shortly after that I developed one standard answer for every question.
My teacher said, “What is the Golden Rule?”
I raised my hand and said, “To be good.”
Another teacher on another day asked, “Why do we keep the commandments?”
I raised my hand and said, “To be good.”
A few weeks later a substitute teacher asked, “Why do we have the gospel?”
Again I repeated the phrase, “To be good.”

Here are some more questions with my answers:
Q: What do you need to do to get to heaven?
A: Be good.
Q: How did the pioneers get to Utah?
A: By being good.
Q: When you read the scriptures, how do you feel?
A: Good.

Maybe it is wisdom for the church to pass kids onto another class after a year. If not, my teachers surely would have died of boredom from my answers.

No comments:

Post a Comment