
Brother Datwyler had two fathers come up to the front and hold a long board about three feet off the ground. They lowered it so it was almost resting on the floor. Brother Datwyler placed a blind fold over my eyes. He helped me walk to the end of the plank. The two fathers raised the board up. It felt like it was about seven feet off the ground. I slowly walked to the edge. Everyone was telling me to jump off. I bent both knees and jumped. As soon as I jumped however, I landed on the ground and fell down. I pulled off the blind fold and looked back at the board. The two fathers were still holding the board, but it was only three inches off the ground. Everyone was laughing, but I laughed the most.
Brother Datwyler then awarded me with a little pin. It was the Bobcat award. I was officially a cub scout. That night as I got ready for bed, I paused a moment to look at my Bobcat. It was round with the head of a Bobcat on it. It was a dark brown color and only about a half an inch wide, but I made me proud. I wanted to get every award available to a cub scout. And in time, I did. Eventually Mom was called to be the Den Mother for my cub scout den.
No comments:
Post a Comment