Saturday, May 22, 2010

Christmas At Grandpa’s (Part 5 of 7)


When the grand kids all had a turn, Santa looked at Uncle Randy. “Come here young man. You haven’t had a turn.”
Randy reluctantly sat on Santa’s lap. Santa said, “Have you been a good boy this year?”
Everyone laughed.
“Yes,” Randy said, his face red.
“What do you want for Christmas?”
Randy smiled. “A kiss from my girl friend.”
That brought peels of laughter from everyone. The little kids giggled and I kept Randy’s response to Santa in my memory for future use when I was older.
Santa and Mrs. Claus left, surrounded by little voices screaming goodbye. Then we all quieted down.
Grandpa spoke: “I think we will end our gathering tonight with Leonard giving us a Christmas message.
All eyes turned toward Leonard who had just turned nineteen years old. He stood up with the Bible in his hand. He said, “I thought I would read the Christmas story in the Bible.” He then raised the Bible and began reading. “And it came to pass in those days, that there went out a decree from Cæsar Augustus, that all the world should be taxed. And Joseph also went up from Galilee, out of the city of Nazareth, into Judæa, unto the city of David, which is called Bethlehem; To be taxed with Mary his espoused wife, being great with child. And so it was, that, while they were there, the days were accomplished that she should be delivered.”

No comments:

Post a Comment