
On January 6, 1972, late at night when I was supposed to be in bed, I started a company. It was called The Three Inventors company. My company came up with many inventions. We had the idea for a device to automatically oil doors when they became squeaky. We also had a division for making soap and sifting sand. My invention oriented company even predicted future developments, like MTV.
One of my first inventions with the Three Inventors was called the Undestructible Tank. It should have been called indestructible, but how was a fourth-grader supposed to know that? It was going to be the greatest weapon of the United States, against communism.
Believe me, it was really indestructible. It was two football fields long, one football field wide, it was made of steel that had already been blown up and acid treated to the point where it couldn’t be destroyed anymore. Instead of having a large gun that shot shells out of its barrel, it shot missiles. In fact, it was a machine gun missile launcher. It could fire missiles at the rate of one-hundred per second. The crew rode in a special compartment, that was lined with foam rubber so as to absorb the shock of almost anything that could hit it. I was sure the Army would want to build it, once they had the plans. The problem was how to get them to do it.
My big break came when my fourth grade teacher, Mrs. Yeager announced our field trip for that spring. We were going to the Army Depot at Tooele, Utah.
I had made several drawings and plans of the Undestructible Tank before, now I made a new set of plans. I worked feverishly to make my best drawings to make a good impression on the army.
I labeled everything carefully. I also included my name, address, and phone number so the Army could get in touch with me when they found the plans. I wasn’t planning to give them to anyone, I was too shy for that. I was planning something different.
No comments:
Post a Comment